What is Reliability Modeling and Prediction?
A reliability model mathematically defines the interdependencies between hardware/software/human elements and their combined contributions to failure. A prediction calculates failure rates using that model so that a reliability metric can be quantified to assess design tradeoffs, and as an estimate of operational reliability after a product is delivered.
What’s the payoff?
The modeling/prediction/assessment process facilitates greater understanding of the impact of failure mechanisms and modes on critical design performance parameters, allowing an organization to cost-effectively modify the design and efficiently allocate resources to mitigate their impact.
How can Quanterion Solutions help?
- Develop a reliability model/prediction of your designs using your data, or commercial failure rate and life methodologies (217PlusTM, MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, Nonelectronic Part Reliability Data (NPRD), Physics-of-Failure, etc.)
- Use the results to identify specific areas of reliability risk and recommend approaches to eliminate or reduce them
- Use models and simulation techniques to perform (or help you perform) tradeoffs to compare results for different design alternatives
- Tailor reliability modeling, simulation and prediction tools for your company’s internal use
- Perform an objective review of reliability models/predictions performed by others
- Develop specialized reliability-based tools/databases
To find out how you can access these services for your organization, call (877) 808-0097 (toll free), or (315) 732-0097 or send us an email at email@example.com
Interested in reliability modeling? Sign up today for Reliability 301: RAM Modeling I!
View Quanterion Solutions’ reliability modeling and prediction resources including training and publications.
Stay informed! Sign up for reliability engineering news.
Find Quanterion Solutions on social media to access more reliability engineering information, resources, and more.