Quanterion Solutions, Incorporated was formed with a mission to provide high quality QUANTitative engineering services to be used as critERION for critical decision making, hence the name Quanterion. Since its beginning in 2000, the company’s technical reach has expanded considerably from the original reliability, maintainability and quality focus to now also include (alphabetically):
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) & Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Defense
- Cybersecurity (CS) & Information Assurance (IA)
- Homeland Defense (HD) and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Information Technology (IT) and Document Management Services
- Knowledge Management/Information Sharing
- Materials Engineering
- Software Development/Engineering
Quanterion’s continued growth is the result of the company’s commitment to excellence in providing sound technical solutions to complex challenges in the defense, commercial, health care, transportation, and energy markets.
The range and depth of Quanterion’s technical expertise has been best demonstrated through the company’s involvement in the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Information Analysis Centers (IACs). These technical centers of excellence each provide a centralized knowledge center for the user community to obtain scientific and technical information (STI) pertaining to specific technology (or a group or related technologies). Quanterion received “exceptional” ratings for its operation of these centers in all areas of performance.
Quanterion has operated the following IAC operations:
- The Homeland Defense Information Analysis Center (HDIAC)
- The Defense Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC) Basic Center of Operations (BCO)
- 2014 – Quanterion was awarded the contract to operate the DTRIAC BCO. The Center preserves and expands the DoD’s CBRNE and WMD knowledge base, and performs Technical Area Tasks (TATs) consistent with the DoD’s Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) mission.
- The Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center (CSIAC) BCO
- 2012 – The CSIAC BCO, a consolidation of three predecessor IACs, the Data and Analysis Center for Software (DACS), the Modeling and Simulation Information Analysis Center (MSIAC) and the Information Assurance Technology Analysis Center (IATAC), with the addition of the Knowledge Management/Information Sharing technical discipline, was awarded to Quanterion. This contract was renewed in 2017.
- The Data and Analysis Center for Software (DACS) BCO
- 2010 – Quanterion was awarded a contract to operate the DACS, chartered in software engineering/information technology. The DACS was later consolidated into the CSIAC.
- The Reliability Information Analysis Center (RIAC)
- 2005 – Quanterion became the day-to-day operator of the RIAC, formerly known as the Reliability Analysis Center (RAC). Although the RIAC program later came to an end in 2014, Quanterion continues to provide its popular RMQ products and services through its RMQSI Knowledge Center.
Outside of the IACs, Quanterion performs commercial, defense and other government R&D and support projects for large and small customers on both an on-going and ad hoc basis. Many staff are certified and well-published in their various technical fields, having authored numerous journal articles, white papers and technical reports on topics ranging from software engineering best practices and DoD network architecture requirements to materials compatibility issues and documented explosive events. Additional works include the development of web-based reliability tools for training and data/model access, the development of extensive reliability failure rate data publications and failure rate models and network Certification and Accreditation (C&A) under the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). The company’s publications, tools and databases are widely used by government and industry practitioners.