Quanterion Solutions Incorporated was formed with a mission to provide high quality QUANTitative engineering services to be used as critERION for critical decision making, hence the name Quanterion. Since its beginning in 2000, the company’s technical reach has expanded considerably from the original reliability, maintainability and quality focus to now also include:
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Quality (RMQ)
- Cybersecurity (CS) & Information Assurance (IA)
- Software Development/Engineering
- Information Technology (IT)
- Knowledge Management/Information Sharing
- Homeland Defense (HD) and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) & Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Defense
Quanterion’s continued growth is the result of the company’s commitment to excellence in providing sound technical solutions to complex challenges in the defense, commercial, transportation, and energy markets.
The range and depth of Quanterion’s technical expertise has been best demonstrated through the company’s involvement in the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Information Analysis Centers (IACs). These technical centers of excellence each provide a centralized knowledge center for the user community to obtain scientific and technical information (STI) pertaining to specific technology (or a group or related technologies). Quanterion has received “exceptional” ratings from the government for its operation of these centers in all areas of performance.
Quanterion has more than 39 cumulative years in operating multi-technology data/information centers providing expertise, publications, training and consulting services:
- Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC)
- Addressing homeland defense, critical infrastructure protection, weapons of mass destruction, CBRN defense, biometrics, medical, cultural studies and alternative energy.
- Defense Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC)
- Addressing Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) and CBRN.
- Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center (CSIAC)
- Addressing software engineering, cybersecurity, modeling & simulation, and knowledge management/information sharing.
- Data and Analysis Center for Software (DACS)
- Addressing software engineering and information technology.
- Reliability Information Analysis Center (RIAC)
- Addressing reliability, maintainability, quality, supportability, and interoperability (RMQSI).
- RMQSI Knowledge Center
- Addressing reliability, maintainability, quality, supportability, and interoperability.
In addition to the operation of technical information centers, Quanterion performs commercial, defense and other government R&D and support projects for large and small customers on both an on-going and ad hoc basis. Many staff are certified and well-published in their various technical fields, having authored numerous journal articles, white papers and technical reports on topics ranging from software engineering best practices and DoD network architecture requirements to materials compatibility issues and documented explosive events. Additional works include the development of web-based reliability tools for training and data/model access, the development of extensive reliability failure rate data publications and failure rate models and network Certification and Accreditation (C&A) under the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). The company’s publications, tools and databases are widely used by government and industry practitioners.